Below are FAQs to help answer any question you might have.
There are many brands and various types of products in the domain of Hair Extensions - Integration, and Mazary masters all of them and applies them upon request. Indeed, our founder is a Top 10 certified Extensions master trainer and a renowned awarded artist.
To help you better understand about extensions, we have provided general answers to general and usual questions below. Individual case by case answers can be provided during your free consultation.
Q: Am I a candidate for hair extensions?
A: The hair in the crown area needs to be at least 4 inches in length. Also, although rare, there may be health issues relating to your body and your hair that may prevent hair extensions from being an option. If you are unsure whether or not you are a candidate for hair extensions, call for your private, personal, and free consultation with Miriam.
Q: How long can hair extensions last?
A: Other than normal hair loss, your extensions, especially if from top brands such as Balmain, will last up to 6 months with proper Aftercare products, though we recommend a check-up every 2 to 4 months.
Q: How long does the process take?
A: The application will take 2 to 8 hours depending on the type of service needed. Once extensions are applied, the hair is cut and styled to blend the hair into the extensions to eliminate demarcation and prevent detection. Again, the desired, finished look is discussed and application is designed accordingly.
Q: Can my hair be shorter than 4 inches to have extensions?
A: It will depend to your hair's condition. But in general, Miriam has fixed hair's as short as one inch. Such complicated process will take several hours.
Q: Can my hair be matched?
A: Hair extensions are available in variety of classic colors, from blondes, reds, and brunette tones to black including numerous textures. Combined with Miriam's own expertise and artistic talents in coloring and perming, you are assured of a perfect match and a natural look!
Q: Can my hair be colored at the same time?
A: Most hairs can be colored but it is recommended that hair be colored or touched up a minimum of 48 hours prior to application of extensions for sensitive scalps. This factor will be determined during your consultation.
Q: Can hair extensions be styled with heat rollers, curling iron, or a round brush?
A: Yes, if these tools are kept at an adequate distance from the bonds.
Q: Can I swim and do normal activities?
A: Yes, once the application is completed, you will receive an after care maintenance sheet so you will know the best way to care for your extensions.
Q: How do I manage, in general, my hair extensions once I get them?
A: Hair extensions are treated much the same as if they were your natural hair. They are 100% human hair! There are special brushes, shampoos; conditioning and hair mask products that are recommended.
Below is a list of what to do:
1) Do not remove your Hair Extensions by yourself. You will damage them. Let your stylist carry out the removal process.
2) Wash hair extensions every other day to prevent natural oils from building up on the scalp area.
3) Before washing hair, brush gently with the special cushion brush. De-tangle the ends then brush from the roots to the tips. Make sure that the hair extensions have been separated in the root area.
4) Oil free recommended shampoo should always be used.
5) The head should be in an upright position (i.e. in the shower or sitting in the bath) so that the hair flows in a vertical direction down the sides of the head. The water should be warm otherwise matting may occur.
6) DO NOT rub or massage when washing. Use you fingers to stroke the shampoo gently into the hair from the roots to the tips.
7) Rinse thoroughly using clean running water, gently squeeze but DO NOT rub to remove excess water.
8) Apply re-constructor using downward stroking movements from mid-length to the ends leave on hair for the recommended time. DO NOT comb through hair, rinse thoroughly. DO NOT massage or rub.
9) Apply the special conditioner, avoiding the bonded areas near the scalp. Do not use heavy protein or silicone based conditioners, as it may cause the hair to matt or tangle.
10) After washing and conditioning, wrap a towel around the hair and pat gently to remove excess water. (Do not rub extensions.)
11) Separate extensions at the roots before drying, de-tangle hair from the tips, working upwards with a wide toothed comb. Apply and leave in special conditioner from mid-length to the ends, then dry thoroughly with a dryer using a low heat.
12) If the hair extensions are longer than 10" then place in a loose plait and secure with a covered band on the end before going to bed at night.
13) Always hold the extensions while brushing to avoid placing tension on the roots, never back comb the roots area.
14) Brush hair and de-tangle regularly and wash frequently if the scalp is greasy.
15) Electric curling tongs and hot brushes may be used, but avoid the bonded areas as direct heat may soften and distort the bonds.
16) DO NOT wash hair for 24 hours after application. The special leave in conditioner may be used mid-length to ends only, do not use on the root area.
17) NEVER sleep on wet or damp extensions, the extensions should always be dry.
18) A loose braid or scrunchee is suggested at bedtime to discourage tangling while you sleep.
19) Your hair extensions can be worn for up to 4 months (depending on your hair’s growth rate) and should be removed after for re-dress.
Q: What is Nanokeratin?
A: Also known as Brazilian Treatment or Tanagra, Nanokeratin is an advanced state-of-the-art technological system that produces Keratin Nanomolecules with high penetration power into fissures. For this to be possible, the Keratin Nanomolecules correspond to one billionth of an original molecule (0,0000000001) in size.
Q: How does it work?
A: The Keratin Nanomolecules penetrate any flaw or fissure in the strands of hair, forming keratin deposits by evaporating the solvent and the residual water normally found in capillary fibers, and in large quantities in more porous hair. A second product is applied using the same technique, and a polymerizing reaction begins in the capillary fissure, filling it completely. The polymer formed is transformed into a flexible plastic glue, insoluble in water, increasing the resistance and flexibility of the strands of hair by up to 80%, as of the first application.
Q: What types of hair can use the nanokeratin system?
A: Hair that has undergone chemical processes, such as: coloring, straightening, relaxation, definite brushing, hair that is brittle, elastic or rubbery. Also natural hair that is excessively dry. Through this process the hair can be recovered totally in 40 minutes.
Q: What is the nanokeratinizing technique good for and what is the advantage of this process compared to the keratin spray?
A: Keratin in a spray forms very large droplets and deposits a great deal of water on the capillary fiber, making it difficult for the keratin to form deposits into the strands, besides causing a hyper-conditioning and leaving the feeling that hair is dry. Through the nanotechnological keratin process, keratin is only deposited in the flaws and fissures of strands, thus avoiding the hyper-conditioning and the feeling of dry hair.
Q: Can the nanotechnological keratinizing process be used only in hair that has undergone definite brushing?
A: No. This nanotechnology has been developed to treat any type of hair, especially hair that has undergone chemical processing and also hair undergoing constant brushing. The keratinizing nanotechnology is the most modern and efficient way to recover hair strands, especially in the case of brittle hair, that has undergone chemical processing or maintains excessive contact with chemical products. It reaches areas of the hair that traditional products are unable to attain.
Q: How long does the applied product last?
A: Once the product has been applied in a fissure or flaw of fiber, this strand is recovered. Thus, with continuous treatment, that varies between one to four applications, (depending on the need and the amount of degradation of the fibers, the hair can be permanently recovered.)